Are you looking for a rat cage? Two rats means you will need a medium size cage so that they can climb, play, and rest. Rats are wonderful pets. So it is recommended to provide them a safe and comfortable shelter. There are a variety of rat cage available. But you need a cage that has plenty of space with a durable waterproof design. So we have listed down our top three best rat cage for 2 rats based on price, durability, and customer reviews. Providing them a safe, comfortable environment is not only good for their health, but also it can extend their lifespan. These mouse cages will ensure pets safety from other household threats.
|Images||Rat cage for two rats||Ratings||Price|
|Midwest Critter Nation rat cage|
* Metal Structure
* Water-proof, Rust-proof
|9.8 out of 10||Medium|
|Prevue Hendryx Ferret Cage for Mouse|
* 2 Level rat cage
*Strong metal body
|9.5 out of 10||Medium|
|Yaheetech 2 level rat Cage|
*Cheap mouse cage
*Easy to assemble
* Nice outlook
|9 out of 10||Low|
Jump ahead to
- 1 What is the appropriate rat cage size for two rats?
- 2 1. Midwest Deluxe Critter Nation Double Unit Mouse Cage Reviews
- 3 2. Movable Prevue Hendryx Ferret Cage for Rats
- 4 3.Cheap Yaheetech Metal Ferret Chinchilla 2 level rat Cage for indoor
- 5 Things you must check before buying the best rat cage for 2 rats
- 6 Conclusion
What is the appropriate rat cage size for two rats?
Rats are very good climbers. They love to play around the cage. So you must need enough space for two rats. There’s nothing more regrettable than buying a cage that is excessively little or too large. The cage size depends on the number of rats you want to keep in that cage. You need a minimum of 4 cubic feet for 2 adult rats. But the cage requires more space if you setup pet toys in it to keep your rat busy in playing. So around 5 -6 cubic feet is enough for their proper movement and exercise.
Our minimum recommended size is- Length:72cm, Width:36cm, height: 44cm. So check the size and dimensions before buying a cage. We will help you choose the right dimensions that fulfill all your specific requirements.
1. Midwest Deluxe Critter Nation Double Unit Mouse Cage Reviews
Our first pick is the MidWest deluxe because it is one of the strongest rat cage available on the market. This two-level rat cage comes in either a regular or plus-size option. Its powerful metal structure fulfills all your requirements. The cage offers a locking cluster that prevents rolling or swiveling. So you can easily move the rodent cage from one place to another. Multiple doors ensure the proper accessibility while cleaning or feeding. Midwest deluxe critter nation comes with easy-to-adjust shelves to provide plenty of space to move rats freely around the cage.
The cage has thousands of positive customer reviews with good user ratings. So we highly recommend this cage to anyone looking for a durable rat cage for 2 rats.
- The cage features a strong, durable, water-proof metal structure. It keeps your rats healthy and happy.
- critter-proof, dual-locking double doors provide full accessibility for cleaning. You can clean the cage with a single hand.
- The bar spacing is only 0.5 CM that ensures an escape-proof secure movement.
- The cage features 4 locking wheels to ensure smooth movement.
- Two shelves are adjustable. The removable bottom pan trays are made of hard plastic.
- The cage has enough space to adjust multiple accessories such as toys or tunnels
- This Midwest deluxe ferret nation double unit ferret cage has excellent customer reviews with high user ratings.
- The cage is a little bit costly than the other two on our list. But it is not an issue if you want a long-lasting quality product.
2. Movable Prevue Hendryx Ferret Cage for Rats
This mid-ranged indoor rat cage provides everything you need to house your pets comfortably. The cage comes with plenty of space to play and jump around. The bar spacing is only 2 centimeters. So it is impossible even for pesky rats to get out of the cage. The bottom floor is also escape-proof with a 1-centimeter spacing bar. Its bottom wheel not only gives you mobility but also provides stability with a locking cluster.
The full metal body is water-proof, and the bottom is easily removable. There is a small removable door in the middle that ensures full access around every portion. So if you are planning to have a budget-friendly good rat cages for 2 rats, then Prevue rat cage is completely worth the money.
- The cage offers plenty of space to play and run with a double escape-proof door lock. You can add extra bedding to it.
- Easy-rolling Castered stand provides smooth movability from one place to another.
- You can separate the floor into two parts. That helps you keep different rodents in the same cage.
- The cage comes with powder-coated metal wire. So the cage is rust-free.
- This pet rat cage is easy to assemble and clean.
- Sunlight may warp the cage tray.
- The doors are quite smaller than the midwest rat cage.
3.Cheap Yaheetech Metal Ferret Chinchilla 2 level rat Cage for indoor
If you are searching for a cheap rat cage for 2 rats, then this cage is the best option for you. The MidWest Habitat is a great option for two or more rats. This multi-level budget-friendly rat cage features a strong internal steel frame with water-proof metal wire. The cage offers plenty of space for your rats to play, exercise, and climb. Bottom wheels allow you to move the cage anywhere easily.
The door has safety latches to protect your rats from predators. The removable bottom tray is made of water-proof composite plastic. It gives you enough space to add multiple equipments such as hanging hammock, food dish, water bottle, and play tunnels. So if you are looking for a less expensive mouse cage, stop right here.
- This mouse cage features chew-proof wires with narrow bar spacing.
- Less expensive budget-friendly rat cage for 2 rats.
- Yaheetech rat cage is made of powder-coated metal square wires with 0.9 CM bar spacing.
- Non-toxic Hammertone paint makes the cage corrosion resistant.
- There is no side opening system.
- It takes more time to clean the cage.
Things you must check before buying the best rat cage for 2 rats
Easy to clean: An ideal rodent cage must have at least two critter-proof doors on the top and bottom side. The door should be easily accessible while cleaning the cage. Choose a removable bottom tray. This handy feature will assist you clean your cage more easily. You need to apply litter on the tray to absorb ammonia from their droppings. It helps to keep their cage healthy and hygienic.
Material: Rats and mice have sharp teeth. They can chew almost everything, such as plastics, soft boards, etc. You should not choose something that will easily wire out. You have to choose a strong metal wire cage for your rats. The bottom of the cage should be waterproof. A heavy-duty metal cage with a strong plastic trey will serve you for years.
Security Level: A metal cage is probably the best option for a pet’s security. Metal wires make your cage escape-proof and well-ventilated. Check the bar spacing before buying the cage. The bar spacing should be 4-5 inches to make the shelter escape-proof. Keep your cage away from direct sunlight and draughts. Cover the rat cage with a tamper-proof, water-resistance cage cover during the winter season. Some people use rat poison to eradicate them from their property. Keeping them in the cage should be your priority.
Keeping rats as a pet in your house is a big responsibility. It is your responsibility to provide the proper security, hygiene, and shelter. A strong powder-coated metal cage can secure them from other animals such as cats and dogs. So you should not compromise with the budget. I suggest you go with the midwest critter nation rat cage because it comes with both horizontal and vertical bars. Most pet lovers highly consider and recommend this cage to be the best rat cage for 2 rats.
But if you want something more cost-effective, then you should buy Prevue Hendryx Ferret Cage. Choosing the right rat cage is not an easy task. But I hope that our top three rat cage reviews will provide you some food for thought. This rat cage has an all-in-one solution for housing your rats. I wish you a happy rat ownership!
What do you need to put inside a rat cage?
Rats and mice are very intelligent and active pets. They love to play and do physical exercise. Rats love to chew different things. So you can set up different types of rat toys. I listed some equipment you can add to your cage.
• Warm water-proof bedding
• Ceramic food bowl
• A hammock
• Easily accessible water bottle
• Physically stimulating toys such as rat tunnels, chewing toys, and hanging toys.
How to keep your rat cage from bad-smelling?
You should always be careful before cleaning a rat cage. Wear a hand globe because the rat’s droppings can spread various diseases. Rats poop and urine contain ammonia. It spread a bad odor around the cage. So you can apply natural deodorizers such as Apple cider vinegar. Try to clean and sanitize the cage daily. But if you are a busy person, then it is mandatory to discard dampened bedding thrice a week. Apply powerful litter on the bottom tray. You can Wipe the rat cage with wet tissues dipped in sanitizer twice a week.
How much does a rat cage cost?
The price varies in design and materials. Metal rat cages are costlier than plastic cages. Plastic rat cages are cheaper but not secure. Each rat needs two cubic feet of space to live comfortably in a cage. So If you are looking for a rat cage for 2 rats, then it will cost around 50$-120$. If you add a cage cover or cage toys, then the price may increase 80$-150$. Try to avoid getting a plastic rat cage.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.